The U.S. Embassy in Bern Public Affairs Section (PAS) creates, and delivers through email, a daily (weekdays only) summary of Swiss and Liechtenstein media (e-paper and online-only news articles, radio programs, television news shows, social media handles, etc.). This summary monitors political and economic news regarding Switzerland and Liechtenstein, their relationships with the United States, the U.S. Embassy in Bern, and the United States. To improve the quality of the summary, increase efficiency, decrease the time-burden on our small public affairs team, PAS seeks to contract with a media-monitoring and summarizing service.
Purpose of the Project
PAS seeks the services of a media-monitoring service to assist us in efficiently, monitoring, identifying, and summarizing media. The objective of contracting this service is: to deliver a comprehensive, professional, and timely daily news summary (in English), as early as possible every weekday morning.
Scope of Work
The vendor will monitor the entire spectrum (including online outlets) of Swiss press (in German, French, and Italian), send an email comprising curated news content and executive summary (one paragraph overview of the top trending news events of the past 24 hours) every weekday morning (exact time to be determined with vendor), furnish PAS with a user-friendly web-based platform to access, organize, and send our tailored daily news summary from. The vendor must provide typed summaries every weekday morning, in English, of media articles PAS selects from the vendor’s curated news content.
Where Will the Work be Done?
The media monitoring service will be entirely digital.
The vendor will fulfill the following tasks:
- Monitor the entire spectrum of Swiss press (in German, French, and Italian): newspapers, magazines, trade publications, supplements, TV, national and regional Swiss radio, and TV stations including, news services, news tickers, digital platforms, and podcasts belonging to the sources as well as politicians, pundits and social media influencers.
- Send an email with monitoring results organized by subject matter and media type, and an executive summary (paragraph overview of the most important news events of the past 24 hours) every weekday morning, as early as possible (exact time to be agreed upon with selected vendor), including all relevant media from the previous day, in an efficiently organized format, easily accessible on desktop and mobile devices.
- Furnish PAS with a user-friendly web-based platform to access, organize, and send our tailored daily news summary from. Functions should, at a minimum, include: search, view, sort, print, tag for efficient organization and management of media. Other functions must include an ability to create press reviews, send email, automatic newsletter creation, Excel export, Media Dashboard, create/manage own contacts, media and clippings, etc.
- Provide typed summaries every weekday morning, in English, of media articles PAS selects from vendor’s morning monitoring results. The summaries must be provided as early as possible (exact time to be agreed upon with selected vendor) and be input directly into the provided web-based platform (the number and length of summaries will be determined with vendor).
The service will be ongoing, the exact timeline of services to be determined with the vendor.
- Media monitoring service, provided every weekday.
- Email including curated content and executive summary, provided every weekday morning, exact time tbd.
- English summary of selected media, provided every weekday morning, exact time tbd.
A successful service will include excellent communication from the vendor, consistent fulfilment of the agreed to tasks, and flexibility in the service agreement resulting in a satisfying client-vendor relationship.
If you are interested, please respond to BernGSOContracting@state.gov no later then May 7th. 2021.