Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive health and security updates.
For all Alerts and Messages from the U.S. Embassy Bern, please click here
Last updated: 05/11/2023
As of 12:01am EDT on May 12, 2023, noncitizen nonimmigrant air passengers will no longer need to show proof of being fully vaccinated with an accepted COVID-19 vaccine to board a flight to the United States. See here for more information.
Click Here for Travel and Entry requirements for travel to the United States
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No
- There are currently no entry restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. No proof of vaccination, recovery or testing is required for entry into Switzerland.
- To verify which rules apply to your own particular situation when entering Switzerland, consult the online «Travelcheck».
- Infoline for people travelling to Switzerland: +41 58 464 44 88, every day from 6am to 11pm
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- You can get tested for coronavirus at various doctors, test centers, hospitals and pharmacies. The cantons are responsible for assuring access to testing: Click here for information on testing locations in Switzerland by canton.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in Switzerland and Liechtenstein for U.S. citizens to receive? YES
- Your canton is responsible for the vaccination. On your canton’s website you’ll find answers to the following questions: How is the vaccination organized? How can you register? There is a list of cantonal websites at foph-coronavirus.ch. Or visit the COVID-19 Vaccination Check. According to the details you enter, you will be directed to the relevant point of contact in your canton, where you can register for your vaccination.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- For the most up-to-date information on numbers of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Switzerland visit the website of the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health.
- For questions on entry requirements and permitted stay visit the website of the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health.
U.S. Embassy Bern, Switzerland
031 357 70 11 (dialing within Switzerland)
+41 31 357 70 11 (dialing from overseas)
American Citizens Services Unit – Contact Form
Visa Unit – Email
Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)·
Swiss Government Hotline
Infoline for people travelling to Switzerland: +41 58 464 44 88, every day from 6am to 11pm
Coronavirus Infoline: +41 58 463 00 00, 6am to 11pm
COVID-19 vaccination Infoline: +41 800 88 66 44, every day 6am to 11pm
Infoline National COVID certificate application platform: +41 58 469 79 63 (every day from 7am to 8pm)
- Switzerland Country Specific Information
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates