- CDC recommends that travelers avoid all nonessential travel to the specified countries in Europe, including Switzerland and Lichtenstein. For a full list see: What countries are included in this notice
- Europe is experiencing widespread ongoing transmission of respiratory illness caused by the novel (new) coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Older adults and people of any age with serious chronic medical conditions are at increased risk for severe disease.
- Travelers should avoid contact with sick people and wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Travelers returning from the specified countries in Europe should stay home for 14 days after returning from travel, monitor their health, and practice social distancing.
- Travelers who are sick with fever, cough, or have trouble breathing should call ahead before seeking medical care.
For more information please visit: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/warning/coronavirus-europe