Location: Bern, Switzerland
Events: Demonstration in Bern, May 3, 2022
On Tuesday, May 3, from 5:30pm until 6:30pm, the Kurdish Society of Bern will hold a demonstration across Sulgeneckstrasse from the U.S. Embassy’s Main and Consular entrances near the Florapark. Approximately 80-100 demonstrators are expected to attend. Local police will be on location to monitor the scene. While authorities expect the demonstration to be peaceful, any demonstration can unexpectedly turn violent. Monitor local media and avoid protest areas. Certain traffic disruptions may be possible.
The U.S. Embassy will be closed from 5.00pm.
Actions to take:
- Exercise vigilance and heightened situational awareness over the coming days
· Stay alert in public places, including schools, hospitals, churches, tourist locations, and
· Be aware of your surroundings
· Keep a low profile
· Be prepared for potential traffic and public transportation disruptions.
· Monitor local media:
. Maintain social distancing, follow hygiene requirements, and follow the Swiss crowd
· Avoid groups that are not following the security requirements and/or local laws
· Review your personal security plans
State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
Swiss Federal Office of Public Health Hotline
+41 58 463 00 00 (staffed 24 hours in German, French, Italian and English)
Get Alertswiss, a mobile app by the Federal Office for Civil Protection, to help you plan for and stay safe in an emergency while in Switzerland and Liechtenstein