Location: Bern, Switzerland
Events: Demonstrations in Bern
On Friday, March 4, from 6:00pm until 7:00pm, there will be a march from the Bundesplatz to the Ukrainian Embassy (Feldeggweg 5, 3005 Bern) where a ‘Minutes of Silence for Peace’ will take place. A ‘Minutes of Silence for Peace’ will also be held at the Kornhausplaz from 7:15pm – 7:30pm. Traffic will be disrupted at times.
On Saturday, March 5, from 3:00pm until 5:00pm, up to 20,000 demonstrators are expected to gather on the Bundesplatz, for peace in the Ukraine. Local police are expecting it to be peaceful and will be on location to monitor the scene. Certain traffic disruptions may be possible.
On Saturday, March 5 and Sunday March 6, from 7:00pm until 7:30pm, a ‘Minutes of Silence for Peace’ will be held at the Kornhausplaz.
Actions to take:
- Exercise vigilance and heightened situational awareness over the coming days
· Stay alert in public places, including schools, hospitals, churches, tourist locations, and
· Be aware of your surroundings
· Keep a low profile
· Be prepared for potential traffic and public transportation disruptions.
· Monitor local media:
. Maintain social distancing, follow hygiene requirements, and follow the Swiss crowd
· Avoid groups that are not following the security requirements and/or local laws
· Review your personal security plans
State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
Swiss Federal Office of Public Health Hotline
+41 58 463 00 00 (staffed 24 hours in German, French, Italian and English)
Get Alertswiss, a mobile app by the Federal Office for Civil Protection, to help you plan for and stay safe in an emergency while in Switzerland and Liechtenstein