Location: Bern, Switzerland
Events: Demonstrations in Bern
Friday, February 4, 2022 for the duration of the Olympic Games in Beijing demonstrations will take place near the Chinese embassy (Kalcheggweg 10 off Thunstrasse) and potentially on the Bundesplatz.
Friday, February 4, 2022 14.00pm – 16.00pm, weekly anti-COVID demonstrations are expected to take place at the Bahnhofplatz. The demonstrations may be as small as 20-30 or as large as a few thousand.
Monday, February 7, 2022 16.00pm – Schweizer Freiheits-Convoy (Swiss Freedom Convoy) is calling for Swiss trucks, tractors, and other vehicle operators to converge in Bern. Traffic disruptions are expected throughout the city.
Actions to take:
· Exercise vigilance and heightened situational awareness over the coming days
· Stay alert in public places, including schools, hospitals, churches, tourist locations, and transportation hubs
· Be aware of your surroundings
· Keep a low profile
· Be prepared for potential traffic and public transportation disruptions.
· Monitor local media:
o https://www.bernerzeitung.ch/ (German)
o www.swissinfo.ch (English)
o www.20min.ch (German, French, Italian)
. Maintain social distancing, follow hygiene requirements, and follow the Swiss crowd limitation requirements
· Avoid groups that are not following the security requirements and/or local laws
· Review your personal security plans
State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
Swiss Federal Office of Public Health Hotline
+41 58 463 00 00 (staffed 24 hours in German, French, Italian and English)
Get Alertswiss, a mobile app by the Federal Office for Civil Protection, to help you plan for and stay safe in an emergency while in Switzerland and Liechtenstein