Location: Bern, Switzerland
Events: Several demonstrations, both organized and spontaneous, are expected to occur in Bern on Saturday, October 16, 2021.
- Saturday, October 16, 14:00 – 15:30 “Against Corona Measures” demonstration, held at the Waisenhausplatz. A couple of hundred peaceful demonstrators are expected to attend.
- Saturday, October 16, 15:00 – 16:30 “Against the killing of Eritrean refugees in Libya” demonstration, held at the Helvetiaplatz. A couple of hundred peaceful demonstrators are expected to attend.
- Saturday, October 16, 15:00 – 16:30 “For Human Rights” demonstration. They will be marching from the Schützenmatte to the Waisenhausplatz. A couple of hundred peaceful demonstrators are expected to attend.
Actions to take:
· Exercise vigilance and heightened situational awareness over the coming days
· Stay alert in public places, including schools, hospitals, churches, tourist locations, and transportation hubs
· Be aware of your surroundings
· Keep a low profile
· Be prepared for potential traffic and public transportation disruptions.
· Monitor local media:
. Maintain social distancing, follow hygiene requirements, and follow the Swiss crowd limitation requirements
· Avoid groups that are not following the security requirements and/or local laws
· Review your personal security plans
State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
Swiss Federal Office of Public Health Hotline
+41 58 463 00 00 (staffed 24 hours in German, French, Italian and English)