Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Events: Zürich Police have notified the Embassy that a demonstration against U.S. policy in Cuba will occur on Thursday, June 17. The demonstration will begin mid-afternoon in downtown Zürich and culminate in a march to the U.S. Consular Agency in Zürich for a rally to be held from 5:00 PM to 5:30 PM. Zürich Police will be present and closely monitoring the demonstration.
Actions to take:
- Exercise vigilance and heightened situational awareness over the coming days.
- Stay alert in public places, including schools, hospitals, churches, tourist locations, and
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep a low profile
- Be prepared for potential traffic and public transportation disruptions.
- Monitor local media:
o https://www.bernerzeitung.ch/ (German)
o www.swissinfo.ch (English)
o www.20min.ch (German, French, Italian)
- Maintain social distancing, follow hygiene requirements, and follow the Swiss
- crowd limitation requirements
- Avoid groups that are not following the security requirements and/or local laws
- Review your personal security plans
State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)
Swiss Federal Office of Public Health Hotline
+41 58 463 00 00 (staffed 24 hours in German, French, Italian and English)
Switzerland Country Specific Information