U.S. Embassy Bern offers a full range of consular services to U.S. citizens in Switzerland and Liechtenstein. Many of these services are also available at U.S. Consular Agency Zurich and U.S. Consular Agency Geneva.
Please click here if your inquiry is in regards to a social security number or social security benefit.
Services are available by appointment only.
Note: Emergency passports are only available at U.S. Embassy Bern.
|Passports & Citizenship|
Contact Information and Location
We encourage our customers to carefully review the detailed information available on our website. If you do have specific questions we ask that you send us an email via
our Contact Form. We respond to email inquiries within two business days.
U.S. Embassy Bern
American Citizen Services
P.O. Box 3259
3001 Bern, Switzerland
3007 Bern, Switzerland
|Cash: Local Currency (CHF)||
|Cash: U.S. Dollars ($)||
Please note we cannot perform any requested service until the correct fee for the full amount is paid.
Allowed Items: You may bring one small (35cm x 30cm x 20cm) bag into the waiting room area. Larger bags are not permitted.
You are not allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy with any of the following items:
- Electronic or battery-operated devices, including mobile phones, digital diaries, digital watches, pagers, cameras, compact discs, laptops, portable music players and e-Readers
- Food and liquid items
- Sealed envelopes or packages
- Cigarettes, cigars, match boxes, e-cigarettes and lighters
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind
Please note this list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of the security staff. There is no facility at the U.S Embassy to store prohibited items. You must make arrangements to store these items before entering.