Demonstration Alert – U. S. Embassy Bern, Switzerland (April 6, 2018)
Subject: Demonstration in Bern on Saturday, April 7, 2018
Demonstrators are expected to gather in front of the main train station in Bern on Saturday, April 7, between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m. They are also expected to march through downtown.
The demonstration is organized by the Revolutionary Youth Group Zürich. The gathering has not been authorized by the authorities. The police are anticipating approximately 1,000 participants. The protest is in support of the civilians in Afrin, Syria.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for information about specific demonstrations
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations
- Follow the instructions of local authorities at all times
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Keep a low profile
- U.S. Embassy Bern, Switzerland +41 31 357 70 11
- +41 31 357 77 77 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1-888-407-4747
- Switzerland Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook