UPDATE: The police activity in central Geneva has ended. The area is once again open for traffic, but expect delays due to the previous road closures.
Subject: Security Alert: Increased Police Activity in Geneva – U. S. Embassy Bern, Switzerland (19 June 2020)
Location: Jardin Anglais/Mont Blanc Bridge area in central Geneva
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Bern informs U.S. citizens that there is increased police activity in the area around Jardin Anglais/Mont Blanc Bridge are in central Geneva. Parts of the Rue de Rive have also been closed. U.S. citizens should avoid the area and follow guidance from local authorities.
Actions to take:
– Avoid the area(s) of the incident
– Follow the instructions of local authorities at all times
– Keep a low profile
– Always carry a cell phone as a means of communication
Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
+1-202-501-4444 (from other countries)·
The most accurate real-time information on security matters is available from Swiss authorities, who have responsibility for the safety and security of all persons in Switzerland.
- Switzerland Country Specific Information
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates