Make sure you have all the required documentation available before you schedule an appointment (No Walk-IN Services available).
You will be asked to re-schedule if you do not have the documentation ready at the time of your appointment.
Please arrive at the time of your appointment. Please note that you won’t be admitted more than 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
Please review the Security Notice below:You may bring only one small (35cm x 30cm x 20cm) bag into the waiting room area. Multiple/larger bags are not permitted. One (1) mobile phone may be stored with Security.
You are not allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy / Consular Agency with any of the following items:
- Electronic or battery-operated devices, including mobile phones, digital diaries, digital -watches, pagers, cameras, compact discs, laptops, portable music players and e-Readers
- Food and liquid items
- Sealed envelopes or packages
- Cigarettes, cigars, match boxes, e-cigarettes and lighters
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind
Please note this list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of the security staff. There is no facility at the U.S. Embassy to store prohibited items. You must make arrangements to store these items before entering.
U.S. Embassy Bern
American Citizens Services (ACS)