Submitted – Contact form ACS Bern

Thank you for your email. This is an automated response – Please read carefully.

Please note we do not respond to questions whose answers are available on our website. We do not respond to Visa related inquiries.

If you have inquiries regarding Visas for the United States, please contact the Visa Section directly or call +41(0)31 580 00 33

Our office team will get back to you as soon as possible during business hours in regards to all other inquiries.

Travel information to the United States ·    Visit our travel to the U.S. website which contains all relevant information for U.S. Citizens, Legal Permanent Residents and Foreign Nationals

Specific inquires for non-U.S. citizens, including family members of U.S. citizens must be directed to our Visa Unit at   – Your email is not being forwarded.


General Questions

For general information review our website as well as the Frequently Asked Questions page:

Receive Updates and Notifications

Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive information and updates from the U.S. Embassy in Bern.


Our website guides you through all services that we provide, with extensive information, forms and you can schedule/request an appointment at the end of each process, please click on the links below for more information:

Passport Services ·    Renew an Adult passport by mail


·    Renew a child’s passport under the age of 16


·    Replace a lost or stolen passport


·    Replace a damaged passport


·    Apply/Renew for an adult passport – my last passport was issued before I was 16 or more than 15 years ago


·    Apply/Renew a second valid passport


·    Exchange a limited-validity passport for full-validity


·    Life/death Emergency Travel


·    Corrections

Citizenship Services  

·    Claiming U.S. citizenship and applying for a first passport


·    Renounce U.S. Citizenship

Notarial Services  

·    Documents we notarize


·    Documents we do not notarize (FBI Background Check, Apostilles, Medallion Signature Guarantee, Obtain copies of U.S Vital Records)

Social Security and Federal Benefits  


Legal Assistance  

·    List of English Speaking Lawyers in Switzerland

Internal Revenue Service (U.S. Taxes)  







If you have inquiries regarding Visas for the United States, please contact the Visa Section directly. Call +41(0)31 580 00 33