This post is part of an archived series of blogs called The LeVine Line, written by former Ambassador Suzan G. LeVine during her time at U.S. Embassy Bern.
27 November 2014
One of the traditions my family practices during Thanksgiving is to take a moment to recognize that for which we’re thankful from the previous year.
Here are the top 5 things for which I’m thankful from this past year:
- My health – If one isn’t healthy – the rest doesn’t work
- My husband, my mom and my kids – who make me who I am and enable what I do
- My team at Embassy Bern – who delight and impress me every day with all that they do to grow and improve our bilateral relationship – and – frankly a thank you to all of our US diplomats who fundamentally keep us safe and ensure our economic well-being
- President Obama – for considering me for this position – and for all of his courage and incredible decision-making in leading our great nation
- The Swiss and Liechtenstein people – for the amazing relationship we share between our two countries, for receiving me so warmly and openly, and for their continued honesty and candor!
Whether or not you celebrate Thanksgiving, I do hope that you take a moment to breath and consider and recognize those things for which you are thankful. I know that, for my family, this is always a useful and cathartic exercise.