U.S. Embassy Bern, Switzerland
Reconsider travel to Switzerland due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for the Switzerland due to COVID-19.
Improved conditions have been reported within Switzerland. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Switzerland.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Switzerland:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s web page on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Reports for Switzerland.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.