Documents we do not notarize

The following documents cannot be notarized at a U.S. Embassy or Consular Agcency

A consular officer cannot perform a Medallion Signature Guarantee (which is a financial institution’s guarantee that an investor’s signature is genuine as well as its acceptance of any liability for any forgery within the securities transfer instruction). Please do not schedule an appointment for this.  

For more information, see the Securities and Exchange Commission’s website.

General questions about Medallion Signature Guarantees should be directed to the SEC’s Office of Investor Education and Assistance, by email to, by phone at 1-800-SEC-0330, by fax at 202-772-9295, or by mail to 100 F Street, NE, Washington, D.C., 20549-0213.

Financial institutions in Switzerland that are connected to U.S. or Canadian banks may be able to offer a medallion signature guarantee to existing customers.  Banks that have no affiliation with you – the investor – are unlikely to assume the liability inherent within the signature guarantee.

U.S. Embassies and Consular Agencies do not have the authority to affix an “apostille” to American documents.  Please do not schedule an appointment for this.  The Secretary of State in the State where the document was issued is authorized to affix the Apostille on a birth/death certificate.  The apostille will officially authenticate the signature and seal of your state issued certificate for use in another country.

Click here for information regarding Apostille.

The Embassy and Consular Agency cannot provide this service.   Please do not schedule an appointment for this.  Please contact the issuing educational institution. More information is available from the Department of State website here.

The Embassy and Consulates do not provide this service. Please do not schedule an appointment for this.

Please follow the instruction on the FBI website (Identity history summary checks).

Fingerprints may be taken at a large police station in the canton that you reside in.

The Embassy and Consular Agency cannot provide copies of U.S. vital records.  Please do not schedule an appointment for this.  In order to obtain any state government issued document concerning birth, death, marriage or divorce, you may order one from the website of the National Center for Health Statistics.