You can renew your U.S. passport by mail if you answer ‘yes’ to ALL 6 Statements below:
- You have your passport in your possession to submit with your application
- Your current passport is undamaged (other than normal wear and tear)
- Your current passport was issued when you were age 16 or older (10 year passport validity)
- Your current passport was issued within the last 16 years
- Your current passport was issued in your name or you can document your name change
- You can provide a self-addressed, prepaid return envelope for Switzerland
If you answered ‘yes’ to ALL 6 statements, you are eligible to apply by mail. Please klick “next’ below for the step-by-step instructions.
If you do not meet all these requirements, please follow the instructions here.