You are required to furnish the following:
- Form DS-82. Complete this online form, print it out, date and sign it.
- Your most recent U.S. passport;
- One U.S. passport sized (2x2inch / 5x5cm) photograph (taken within the last 6 month, white background);
- If you have changed your name since your previous U.S. passport was issued, you will be required to furnish evidence of your name change, such as marriage certificate, change of name document or court order – original documents and 1 photocopy;
- Printout of your online payment confirmation email.
- Self-addressed, stamped C5 Size return envelope with the correct Swiss postage and Swiss mailing address.
- CHF 3.40 Swiss Franc Stamps
Incomplete, unsigned or incorrect applications will not be accepted and will delay processing.
Social Security Number:
Effective October 1, 2016, all passport applications MUST include a social security number.
Apply for a Social Security Number before submitting your application or submit a signed written statement under penalty of perjury:
Don’t know if you have a number or number unknown?: Apply for a replacement card. Click here for further instructions.