You are required to furnish the following:
- Form DS-5504 (online) or Form DS-5504 (PDF) – Complete the form and sign it. Please DO NOT mail the form to the United States;
- Your limited validity passport U.S. passport;
- One U.S. passport sized (2x2inch) photograph;
- If the application is for a minor, photocopy of ID/Passport of the parent signing the application.
- Self-addressed, prepaid C5 Size return envelope with a Swiss mailing address and the correct Swiss postage.
- CHF 3.40 Swiss Franc stamps *
* Please Note:
Swiss Stamps need to be purchased at the Swiss Post Office. The Consular Section cannot provide you with stamps or accept payment for delivery.
Our office is permitted to mail issued passports to France and Germany. However, we require a self-addressed prepaid return envelope with 18.30 Swiss Franc stamps. Additionally you may be charged a customs fee upon delivery from your postal service provider.
Prepaid Registered mail is not accepted.
Incomplete or incorrectly completed applications will be returned unprocessed