- Required Documents
- If only one parent can attend
- Schedule an Appointment
If one custodial parent is not able to attend, s/he must submit a notarized Form DS-3053 Statement of Consent. The form can be downloaded here (PDF42KB). At the time the DS-3053 form is presented, a copy of the same identity document used to notarize the form must also be provided.
Alternatively, the applying parent may furnish one of the following documents:
- Child’s birth certificate listing only the applying parent;
- Adoption decree (if applying parent is the sole adopting parent);
- Court Order granting sole custody to the applying parent (i.e the absent parent has no access to the child). Child’s travel must not be restricted by that order;
- Court order authorizing the applying parent to apply for the child’s passport without the consent of the non-applying parent.
- Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-applying parent, or death certificate of non-applying parent.
Note: All documents not in English will need to be submitted together with a full professional translation.