Required Documents

You are required to furnish the following:

  • Form DS-11 Complete this online form, print it out but DO NOT mail this form to the United States and DO NOT sign the form until requested to do so by a Consular Officer;
  • Your child’s most recent U.S. passport;
  • Your child’s U.S. birth certificate or Consular Report of Birth Abroad, showing the parent’s name(s);
  • One U.S. passport sized (2x2inch) photograph;
  • Your child’s secondary Photo ID (Foreign Passport, Residency Permit, Foreign Government issued photo ID)
  • Government issued photo ID of parents (such as U.S or foreign passport, driving license or military ID);
  • Self-addressed, prepaid C5 Size return envelope with a Swiss mailing address and the correct Swiss postage.
    • CHF 3.90 Swiss Franc stamps *
  • If your child was under 5 at the time their last passport was issued, present 1-2 photographs per year from when that passport was issued, to show how their appearance has changed (family or informal photographs are acceptable). Please bring good quality photocopies or color computer printouts not originals;
  • If your child has changed his/her name since his/her previous U.S. passport was issued, you will be required to furnish evidence of the name change; evidence of the name change includes: (1) a change of name document or (2) a court order; please be advised you must provide original documents;
  • The non-refundable application fee;
  • Please bring one photocopy of each original document listed above


* Please Note:
Swiss Stamps need to be purchased at the Swiss Post Office. The Consular Section cannot provide you with stamps or accept payment for delivery.

Our office is permitted to mail issued passports to France and Germany. However, we require a self-addressed prepaid return envelope with 19.30 Swiss Franc stamps. Additionally you may be charged a customs fee upon delivery from your postal service provider.

Prepaid Registered mail stickers are not accepted.