- Required Documents
- Minors Ages 16 & 17
- Schedule an Appointment
You are required to furnish the following:
- Form DS-11 Complete this online form, print it out but DO NOT mail this form to the United States and DO NOT sign the form until requested to do so by a Consular Officer;
- Your most recent U.S. passport;
- One U.S. passport sized (2x2inch) photograph;
- Government issued photo I.D (such as foreign passport or ID-Card, driving license or military ID.
- Self-addressed, prepaid C5 Size return envelope with a Swiss mailing address and the correct Swiss postage.
- CHF 3.40 Swiss Franc stamps *
- If your passport was issued more than 15 years ago, please provide 1-2 photographs per year from when your last passport was issued, to show how your appearance has changed (family or informal photos are acceptable). Please bring good quality photocopies or color computer printouts not originals;
- If you have changed your name since your previous U.S. passport was issued, you will be required to furnish evidence of your name change, such as marriage certificate, change of name document or court order – original documents must be seen;
- Please bring one photocopy of each original document listed above;
- The non-refundable application fee.
* Please Note:
Swiss Stamps need to be purchased at the Swiss Post Office. The Consular Section cannot provide you with stamps or accept payment for delivery.
Our office is permitted to mail issued passports to France and Germany. However, we require a self-addressed prepaid return envelope with 18.30 Swiss Franc stamps. Additionally you may be charged a customs fee upon delivery from your postal service provider.
Prepaid Registered mail stickers are not accepted.