You are required to furnish the following:
- Form DS-82. Complete this online form, print it out and sign it. Please DO NOT mail the form to the United States.
- Your most recent U.S. passport;
- One U.S. passport sized (2x2inch) photograph;
- If you have changed your name since your previous U.S. passport was issued, you will be required to furnish evidence of your name change, such as marriage certificate, change of name document or court order – original documents must be seen;
- If you are sending a friend or family member on your behalf please provide a signed letter of authorization(PDF 161 KB) authorizing the friend or family member to submit the application, passport and payment on your behalf. The person submitting the application must present a valid photo ID;
- The non-refundable application fee.
- Self-addressed stamped C5 Size return envelope with the correct Swiss postage.
Do not purchase the prepaid-registered mail sticker!
- CHF 5.- Swiss Franc Stamps for residents in Switzerland and Liechtenstein
- CHF 19.- Swiss Franc Stamps residents in France and Germany
Swiss Stamps need to be purchased at the Swiss Post Office. The Consular Section cannot provide you with Stamps or accept payment for delivery.
Prepaid Registered mail is not accepted.
Incomplete, unsigned or incorrect applications will not be accepted and will delay processing.