You are required to furnish the following:
- Form DS-82. Complete this online form, print it out and sign it. Please DO NOT mail the form to the United States.
- Your most recent U.S. passport book and card;
- One U.S. passport sized (2x2inch) photograph;
- Self-addressed, prepaid C5 Size return envelope with a Swiss mailing address and the correct Swiss postage.
- CHF 3.40 Swiss Franc stamps *
- If you have changed your name since your previous U.S. passport was issued, you will be required to furnish evidence of your name change, such as marriage certificate, change of name document or court order – original documents and 1 photocopy;
- If you are sending a friend or family member on your behalf please provide a signed letter of authorization (PDF 81 KB) authorizing the friend or family member to submit the application, passport and payment on your behalf. The person submitting the application must present a valid photo ID;
- The non-refundable application fee
* Please Note:
Swiss Stamps need to be purchased at the Swiss Post Office. The Consular Section cannot provide you with stamps or accept payment for delivery.
Our office is permitted to mail issued passports to France and Germany. However, we require a self-addressed prepaid return envelope with 18.30 Swiss Franc stamps. Additionally you may be charged a customs fee upon delivery from your postal service provider.
Prepaid Registered mail stickers are not accepted.