You are required to furnish the following:
- Form DS-11 Complete this online form, print it out but sign the form until requested to do so by a Consular Officer;
- Your damaged U.S. passport;
- Signed statement regarding a damaged/mutilated Passport (PDF 80KB)
- Valid, government issued photo I.D. (such as foreign passport, driving licence or military I.D);
- One U.S. passport sized (2x2inch) photograph;
- For applicants under 16, a birth certificate or consular report of birth abroad must also be presented and both parents must attend the appointment with the child. Attending parents must bring valid, government issued photo I.D.;
- Applicants aged 16-17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The accompanying adult must bring government issued photo I.D;
- The non-refundable application fee;
- Self-addressed stamped C5 Size return envelope with the correct Swiss postage.
Do not purchase the prepaid-registered mail sticker!
- CHF 5.- Swiss Franc Stamps for residents in Switzerland and Liechtenstein
- CHF 19.- Swiss Franc Stamps residents in France and Germany
Swiss Stamps need to be purchased at the Swiss Post Office. The Consular Section cannot provide you with Stamps or accept payment for delivery.
Prepaid Registered mail is not accepted.