- Required Documents
- Additional Required Documents for U.S. Born Individuals
- Schedule an appointment
Once you have all the required documentation, you would need to schedule an appointment and appear in person at the U.S. Embassy or at the Consular Agency Zurich or Geneva:
Schedule an Appointment
Allowed Items: You may bring one small (35cm x 30cm x 20cm) bag into the waiting room area. Larger bags are not permitted.
You are not allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy with any of the following items:
- Electronic or battery-operated devices, including mobile phones, digital diaries, digital watches, pagers, cameras, compact discs, laptops, portable music players and e-Readers
- Food and liquid items
- Sealed envelopes or packages
- Cigarettes, cigars, match boxes, e-cigarettes and lighters
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind
Please note this list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of the security staff. There is no facility at the U.S Embassy to store prohibited items. You must make arrangements to store these items before entering.