Required Documents

You are required to provide the following:

  • SS-5 Application Form (PDF), completed and signed
  • Proof of birth (original birth certificate)
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship (original U.S. birth certificate, or Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or U.S. Passport, or U.S. certificate of naturalization/citizenship)
  • Proof of identity (original, valid and signed U.S. Passport, or valid foreign Passport/National ID Card)
  • Proof of absence from the U.S. (Wohnsitzbescheinigung/certificats de residence, school certificates, medical records, work contracts)
  • Proof of name change (If your name on your current identification is different to that on your birth certificateyou must provide original evidence of your name change, such as marriage certificate, change of name document or court order)
  • 1 Color photocopy each of the above listed original document

Proof of absence must be documented for each year, starting school age until now.