October 27, 2017
A demonstration is expected to take place on Saturday, October 28, 2017 at approximately 5:00pm in the vicinity of the Bärengraben in Bern (Grosser Muristalden 6, Bern). This demonstration coincides with the 30th anniversary of the Reitschule (Neubrückstrasse 8, Bern).
Two unrelated demonstrations are also scheduled for Saturday, one is planned for the Bundesplatz and the other is planned for the Casinoplatz.
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Avoid areas where demonstrations are taking place and exercise caution when in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
For further information:
- In case of emergency, contact the U.S. Embassy Bern in Switzerland, located at Sulgeneckstrasse 19, 3007 Bern at +41 31 357 70 11, Monday to Friday 8 a.m.to 5 p.m. Call +41 31 357 77 77 for after-hours emergency assistance.
- Call us in Washington at 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Europe Travel Alert, and Switzerland Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.