Required Documents for Domestic Employees
Personal or domestic servants who are accompanying or following to join an employer who is a foreign diplomat or official are eligible for A3, G5 or NATO-7 visas, depending on the visa status of their employer. You will need to submit the following documents:
- Original national passport valid for at least six months from the date of departure from the United States, and any expired passports with previous U.S. visas.
- One recent (less than 6 months old), full-face clear photo (in color only) with white background (must be 5x5cm) per applicant. photo requirements (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ch/ch-niv-photoinfo.asp)
- If you are not a Swiss citizen, a copy of your Swiss residency permit or Carte de legitimation.
- One confirmation page of the DS-160 (https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/) for each person traveling, including one form per infant and child. Only forms filled out online will be accepted. Incorrect, incomplete and erroneous forms will lead to delays.
- Original official request from the organization to which his/her employer is accredited.
- Self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Additionally, the applicant is required to submit both an English language contract and (if the applicant does not understand English) a language understood by the applicant, signed by both employer and employee that at a minimum must include the following:
- Hours of work
- Overtime work
- Description of duties
- Transportation to and from the United States
- Other Required Terms of Employment
- Prior to the appointment, the employer (foreign mission or international organization) must register the employee into the domestic employees database.
A personal appearance is required for an A3, G5 and NATO-7 application. Appointments can be made by sending an email to BernNIVDip@state.gov.
A3, G5 and NATO-7 applicants do not have to pay the visa application fee.